Wednesday, November 2, 2011

so today i am feeling a little weepy.

one of the kids from the bus stop came over because his parents were both already gone to work. he doesn't have a coat, and the furnace at his house is broken. he is so sweet and hilarious; i love this kid!

and he got me thinking...

i feel like i am surrounded by kids that i love and who's lives i affect a little bit. all of a sudden i am sad to move. i know i can keep in touch with my friends, but the thought of not being able to see these kids around me grow up is breaking my heart.

i love what i do. getting to take care of other people's kids is wonderful. however, the kids i watch come from very loving homes. i know they are fed, hugged, warm, and clothed.

what about these neighborhood kids? can i actually believe that there will be someone to take care of them when i'm gone?

my brain knows that God will take care of them; He loves kids! but when they are running through my house and my yard and eating the food i give them, it gets easy to think that i am the one doing good. really i am only fulfilling my purpose in God.

i need to let go of the idea that i have control or influence and be grateful that God can use me to help these kids for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment