Thursday, May 24, 2012

2 out of 30

2) Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.


i'm not really sure what would make a fear legitimate since i've not had many bad things happen to me, but here goes.


1. i'm terrified of being kidnapped (and the horrors i imagine would follow.) i don't think this is irrational or uncommon. it may explain my penchant for carrying knives and/or other weapons and why i recently started taking karate.


2. i'm afraid i'll do something stupid (like while hiking or canoeing) go into a coma and bankrupt my family because i don't have medical insurance. after typing this i really wish i had insurance because that just seems WAY too plausible.


3. i'm afraid of becoming a bad wife/mother/person. i'm afraid that at some point i will get tired of making an effort, succumb to my baser self, and not care that i disappoint or crush my husband and kids and God.


so far none of these have changed the way i live my life, for better or worse. i still hike (but when i can afford it i will have insurance), i don't avoid certain parts of town (i do keep my eyes open and trust my instincts, i'm not an idiot), and i continue to strive toward being who God wants me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment