Thursday, May 26, 2011

blah... i mean Grati-Thursday

my birthday was this week. and it kind of stunk.

me and my girls were sick off and on all week, starting sunday. so, my celebrations are on hold and my 4 year old is sad that i didn't have a birthday party or a cake.

i'm a little bummed that i missed so much time with my friends this week.

However, the reality is that this whole week has been a huge blessing.

i have felt the Spirit near me almost the whole time. even in the middle of chasing the 2 year old with a bucket and paper towels my husband and i were laughing and talking about how funny this will be in a few years.

i didn't work on my Bible study as much as i should have, i missed lunch and 2 walks with my friends, but i felt God's peace in the middle of my "light and momentary" (2 Corinthians 4:17) chaos.

today was less joy-filled than the rest of the week, but i know it was because i tried to function under my own power and not God's. i am very blessed to have a husband who is able to help me re-align my perspective in a loving way. i'll do better next time... maybe.

there is always tomorrow, or Jesus will come back; either way i'm good with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment