Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Gratituesday

today i am grateful for healing.

it has been just over 3 years since my last miscarriage.

mother's day was just a couple of days ago.

for the last few years mother's day has been more bitter than sweet. i was either trying to conceive or recovering from a miscarriage, and even though i had one daughter all i could think about is that life wasn't the way i wanted it.

i had several moments where i thought of my babies and how much i wish i had them here, but my day was filled with the joys of normalcy. i woke up and fed the girls, we went to church, we came home and had lunch, we spent the day as a family. just like almost every other day, and i was happy, just like almost every other day.

this, my friends, is not time that has healed my wounds. it is the work of God. my savior, my comforter, the only being who is able to make a horrible thing turn out well. He is my redeemer. by that i mean He not only redeems me (on a daily basis), but He redeems my circumstances, my memories, my life.

Thank You God.

Psalm 30:1-2
I will exalt you, Lord,
for you lifted me out of the depths
and you did not let my enemies gloat over me.
Lord my God, I called to you for help,
and You healed me.

Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

No comments:

Post a Comment