Monday, May 2, 2011

reaction to osama's death

Osama is dead.

my family is a military family, so i understand the sense of accomplishment people are feeling as a patriot.

i am also a bit of a cynic, so the first verse that came to mind was:
Ecclesiastes 1:9
"What has been will be again,
what has been done will be done again;
there is nothing new under the sun."


how naive i think people are that the death of one man could end the war on terror, or terrorist action against the USA.

however, i am a christian first and foremost. as a christian i need to only think that it looks like God has lost one of his creations, who He had hoped would find Jesus and be saved.

i am disgusted by how political and hateful the posts by christians are on facebook. is that really the perspective God would want us to show our non-christian friends?

things that are from God create PEACE, LOVE, KINDNESS and the other fruits of the Spirit. my anger and judging are not going to produce good, so i need to root them out.

Please God remove my judgements from my mind and heart.
Remove the anger i am feeling towards other people.
Please God be glorified in my life and change me to be like you.
Please use this situation to bring your lost sheep home.
Give me an attitude of Peace and Love towards everyone i come in contact with.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment