Tuesday, April 5, 2011

gratituesday

today i am thankful for provision. throughout my life i have been provided for.

obviously my parents provided for me as best as they could, but what i'm talking about is how God has provided for me.

the thing i'm most thankful for is how God provided for my safety. in this world where anything can happen, almost nothing happened to me.
God provided me with a highly tuned instinct in situations regarding my safety and the confidence to trust that instinct.

just a few months ago the neighbor two houses away from my parents, got arrested for child molestation. i lived near that man for 20 years. he always creeped me out. my mom would tell me not to be rude, but i couldn't stand to be within shouting distance of him. what a blessing that turned out to be!

as a teenager, i hung out downtown and drank with my friends, but even drunk i verged on paranoid in certain situations. i thank God for that now, even though i was accused many times of being a buzz kill or downer.

now, instinct can only go so far, and i am most thankful that God provided for my safety. i know that for the most part there is nothing i did to prevent the most horrible things from happening to me.

these days i don't think much about my own safety, but i pray constantly for God to provide safety for my children. i understand that their safety may not be in His plan, so i continually pray for the strength to trust Him no matter what. and i am thankful for a savior who cares enough about me to listen.

the other part of God's provision that i am thankful for is monetary.

my husband works hard as an instructional assistant at a middle school, and tutors in the evenings. even so, we have been hanging around $19,000 for the last 3 years.

yet, God has made sure that we have everything we need, and almost everything we want. through God's prodding we even paid off our car, and credit cards. it has been 2 years now since we even used credit cards.

we are not as conscious of it as i would like, but i feel that we understand that every dollar comes from Him.

especially when something unexpected happens. when our car needs work, or whatever else happens, God has already set something else up so that we have the money to pay for it. this has happened our whole married life. i don't know what else to say about it except that i think it is God's way of constantly reminding us that we need Him.

and so i am thankful that He has his eye on me.

Matthew 6:25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?"


Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

No comments:

Post a Comment