Monday, April 11, 2011

i recently set a goal for myself that seems unreachable right now.

i am going to turn 28 next month and have my 8th wedding anniversary in a couple of months and i decided that i want to fit back in my wedding dress as my birthday present to myself.

i have never been small or skinny, but we took a family picture a few weeks ago and i HATE it. i look so much fatter than i feel. i feel curvy, marilyn monroe-ish. but i looked like a swollen version of me (with a giant double-chin).

so i have been using livestrong.com to track my exercise and calories for 2 weeks and i've lost about 3 pounds.

as you can see i only have a couple of inches before i can zip it (that's all i'm hoping for really).

i don't know how this is going to go. one and a half pounds a week does not seem like enough to get it done. i have been carrying this extra weight since before i had my kids, and i'm tired of it making me feel older than i am.

i don't set a lot of goals, but when i do i really want to accomplish it. so i'm trying to think of this as a long term thing. a path, not a destination. not easy for me to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment