Wednesday, April 27, 2011

i love my in-laws!

this summer we are vacationing with my husband's parents.

for most people that would be a nightmare, but for me it will be a week of relaxation and edification with people who love me and my girls.

we are going to lake superior and we are going to stay in a rental house on the shore.
i am looking forward to hiking, picnicking, and hanging out with my family before our oldest starts kindergarten.

my in-laws are delightful. i've probably said it before, but they treat me like i'm their kid. they give encouraging and godly advise. they are so laid back and fun; i'm completely ready to go NOW!

i love the coasts; i have been to maine and northern california, and i love the wild power of the ocean and the cliffs. i used to give my husband a hard time because he said that the lake superior coast was the same.

when our big girl was 3 months old we went to the north shore and it was amazing. the last day we were there a storm blew in from canada and the waves were crashing 12 feet above the cliffs. And then i stopped making fun of him for comparing the ocean to lake superior.

the other thing i love about it is that it is possible for us to go there on a budget. we can get there in a day and rent a place with a kitchen-et. we bring almost all of our food, and mostly window shop. the area is so amazing that we do not get bored.

also, the company will be lovely. i imaging walking around town with my mother-in-law and the girls, hiking and dining out with my husband, and long talks about God by the fire with my father-in-law.

it will be like heaven on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment